By applying most professional U/V Films to your home or business you will filter out 99.9% of all UV Rays. We chose just 7 eye opener facts according to the Skin Cancer Foundation concerning the harmful effects of UV Radiation.
1) On average, a person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had more than five sunburns.
2) Each year there are more new cases of skin cancer than the combined incidence of cancers of the breast, prostate, lung and colon.
3) One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
4) Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is a proven human carcinogen.
5) More people develop skin cancer because of tanning than develop lung cancer because of smoking.
6) An estimated 90 percent of skin aging is caused by the sun.
7) Regular daily use of an SPF 15 or higher sunscreen reduces the risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma by about 40 percent and the risk of developing melanoma by 50 percent.
For more information on skin cancer or how window film can be an important deterrent to overexposure of UV radiation visit their site.